The Art Therapy Credentials Board is seeking a Public Member to contribute to the board’s work and the organization’s governance. The NCCA Standards require accredited certification programs to have a public member, defining the individual as “a representative of the consumers of services provided by a defined certificant population, serving as a voting member on the governing body of a certification program, with all rights and privileges, including holding office and serving on committees.”
The Public Member role is to bring a perspective to the decision-making of ATCB. The Public Member will:
- Represent the public’s, consumer’s, or user’s perspective and interest
- Bring new ideas and goals to the board to ensure these interests are valued
- Contribute to an unbiased perspective
- Encourage consumer-oriented positions
- Review and assess ethical matters
- Bring additional public accountability and responsiveness
The Public Member holds the same voting rights as the other directors and attends all pertinent meetings, including two annual in-person board meetings. The Public Member Director shall be appointed by the Board of Directors for a two-year term, beginning January 2021, and may be reappointed for a maximum of three consecutive terms.
Please contact Latoya Robinson, ATCB Executive Director for more information.