ATCB does offer Retired Status for individuals who are no longer working in the field of art therapy and who would like to retain their connection to their credentials and the organization.
The ATCB now offers two options for retired status for individuals who are no longer working in the field of art therapy and who would like to retain their connection to their credentials and the organization.
- Annual: no longer practicing but would like to provide art therapy services in a pro-bono or volunteer capacity. The application fee for annual retirement is $25. Annual retirement must be renewed annually so that the mandatory ethics attestation is completed and filed. The annual maintenance fee is $25 and must be completed via MyATCB.
- Lifetime: no longer practicing or providing art therapy services. The application fee is $150, annual renewals are not required.
If you would like to convert your current annual retirement to lifetime retirement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org she will convert your retirement for you.
Please note that Retired Status is not permanent; once you are granted Retired Status you may apply to return to active status.
In order to apply for Retired Status, your credential(s) must be current and in good standing and you must agree to the terms and conditions as outlined below:
You must apply for Retired Status online via the MyATCB site. Terms and conditions of credential holders requesting Retired Status are as follows (please read carefully):
- Your ATCB credential(s) must be current and in good standing in order to request retired status.
• You attest that you have retired from the provision of art therapy service, education, and/or supervision in a paid position and wish to change your current ATR, ATR-BC and/or ATCS to retired status.
- Once approved, you may not use the ATR, ATR-BC, or ATCS designation. In its place, you may use ATR-Retired, ATR-BC Retired, and/or ATCS Retired.
- You may provide service to a state or national art therapy organization.
- You may not provide ATR supervision. You can only verify supervision completed prior to your retirement for supervises whose applications for registration were submitted after your retirement.
- You will be exempt from the procedures required to recertify your ATR-BC.
- If you are an ATR-BC and you are granted retired status and later wish to return to active status, you will be required to complete recertification by June 30 of the year you return to active status.